Step 1 – Getting Started with Speedy PDF Sign-Offs
Getting Speedy PDF Sign-Offs rolling is a breeze. The App is available for free on the Atlassian Marketplace.
- It takes minutes and a couple of clicks for an admin to download Speedy to your Jira Cloud.
- You then connect it to a central storage location such as a google drive.
- The storage location is important since it makes the signed Speed-eRecords available for audit, even if the Jira issues have since been deleted.
- Connecting a storage location is very simple, especially if you choose to use a google drive.
For a quick experimental setup, you can create a new free gmail account and use it for the Speed-eRecords storage.
Step 2 – Launch Your First Speed-eRecord
Now that Speedy is installed, let’s trigger our first Speed-eRecord.
- Before you create the Speed-eRecord, decide whether you want to include the Issue’s comments and attachments in the PDF.
- Then, navigate to the issue, and click the Speedy button close to the top.
- Scroll down and click “Create New Speedy PDF Sign-Off.”
- You may choose to include the issue’s attachments and comments as part of the Speed-eRecord.
- Then designate which users are signatories so they can ratify the issue.
- Then click “Create Speed-eRecord.”
- It will take a minute or two to generate the PDF.
- When the Speed-eRecord is created, all signatories will be notified and sent a link to the issue.
Step 3 – Tracking the Speed-eRecord’s Progress
Whilst you wait for others to sign the Speed-eRecord, you can see how many people still need to sign. You can use this feature to follow up with those that are slow to sign.
Step 4 – eSigning your Speedy PDF record
It’s time for everyone to add their eSignature to the dotted line.
- Before you sign you must clarify your intent in signing. Whether you are an approver, the author, a reviewer, or if you are signing for some other purpose.
- When you start the signature process, a One-Time-Password (OTP) will be sent to your email. Use this to seal your eSignature.
- Then hit the confirmation button and you’ve done it. It’s signed!
- Once all the signatories have signed, the issue will be ratified and a signatures page will be added as the last page of the PDF.
- The Speed-eRecord will already be archived in your storage location of choice until it’s needed for auditing.
With Speedy PDF Sign-Offs, this process of signing off Jira issues is intuitive and takes minutes. The clue is in the name, Speedy is here to keep your team moving, fast.
Download the free app today from the Atlassian Marketplace.
Blog posts in this series:
- Will Speedy Remain a Free eSignature App?
- Prepare for compliance audits with the newest eSignature app
- Keeping Speedy Secure with the Atlassian Bug Bounty Program
Check This Out
Want to learn how
to make your Quality
processes more Agile?
You have Successfully Subscribed!