Ensuring that your team is well trained and your company will pass compliance audits with flying colors is much easier with our new Read & Understood Training Genius App for Confluence. It empowers QA managers with greater control and time-saving automation — all that needs to be done is to set the training matrix rules and the app takes it from there.
What is a training matrix?
The training matrix is comprised of three components:
- Users who need to be trained. This could be individuals, a department, or everyone in the company.
- Pages that these users need to train on, such as a quality manual or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Conditions, which trigger that training — for example, every time the document is updated or it’s a refresher period.
Defining your training matrix
To start using the app, all you have to do is to establish the rules that articulate your training matrix. Because rules can be adjusted over time, it’s best to start small with a single, simple rule, and expand from there as your needs evolve.
An example of a simple rule is: “Each time our SOP is updated, everybody in our organization must read them.”
To make that rule work in Confluence, you will need to configure three elements:
- Users: Define a Confluence user group and make everyone on your team a member of that group. You can use the default group, confluence-users, or alternatively, a specifically created group: for example, training group. Double check to be sure that only those who need to train are in this group.
- Pages: Set a distinct Confluence label for all pages that users need to be trained on. For example: training page.
- Define your first training wizard rule that connects users with their training pages. Do it via the rule type “NOT_TRAINED_PAGE_VERSION.” This rule is the default, “out of the box” rule for the app, just to help you get started.
And that’s it! All you have to do is give it a few minutes to take effect for all required users to receive their training assignment. FYI, the default grace period before changes take effect is just 15 minutes, and you can configure that differently if you’d like.
Exceptions and extensions
It’s easy to extend that basic configuration to suit your company’s needs.
For example, it’s often not necessary for people to train when there’s a small update — only when it’s an “official” one. In that case, you can use the Comala Publishing app to segregate intermediate from official approvals, and then create a rule which applies only to the official version of pages.
While your users may not need to train on every version, if they do need a refresher once a year, you can easily make that adjustment. All you have to do is change the rule type from “NOT_TRAINED_PAGE_VERSION” to “REFRESHER” and indicate the refresher period.
Keep in mind that more rules can be added on top of your initial rule to extend the training applied on your system. Don’t worry if some rules overlap — a user will never be assigned duplicate training tasks. In other words, if a user has to be trained on a page because of two different rules, they will only be assigned once.
Smart, automatic, and easy to work with — that’s the point of the Read & Understood Training Genius app for Confluence. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Blog posts in this series:
- How to Easily Integrate Radbee’s Read & Understood Training Genius With Comala Apps
- Why Confluence is the Perfect System for Read & Understood Training
- Introducing The Read & Understood Training Genius App For Confluence: Compliance For Life Sciences Companies Worldwide Has Never Been Easier
Check This Out
Want to learn how
to make your Quality
processes more Agile?
You have Successfully Subscribed!